Change of Major

Requests for a change of academic program must be made in writing. Forms for this purpose may be obtained in school offices. Only degree-seeking students may complete this form. A request for program change must be approved by the associate or assistant dean of the school housing the requested program. A nondegree student must reapply through the Office of Admissions to become a degree-seeking student.

Students who change their major must meet the requirements outlined in the university catalog in effect at the time of the declaration of the new major. This policy also applies to undeclared students who then declare a major.